<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 22, 2009

HORSESHIT

Today's film was Danny Boyle's

Slumdog Millionaire (2008)

I so didn't like this movie.

I love Danny Boyle. I think that it is great direction, editing, all that. But it is a totally trumped story. Phony. I didn't buy it for a minute.

Oliver Twist in Mumbai and all around India.

The ending--not the musical which is ludicrous--with the two brothers is so contrived. Good. Evil. Chance. Kismet. Or is that another place?

I don't like India much which doesn't help. And I don't much like Indians either which really seals it. I grew up during the time of the hypocrite moralist Nehru. A fake. I also have had to deal with a few Indians in business and in training programs.

Yeh. Me. I am prejudiced.

I suppose the fact of a pure Indian cast would sort of detract, huh?

At least I am being honest.

And I still haven't gotten over his dropping in a pit of shit. Please.

Now, let me bitch about one more thing. This movie is about exploitation of the masses, right? Now, see today.

Search for homes for 'Slumdog' children picks up

More hypocrisy. I suppose there are no child actor rules in India. Or union.

How much money have these bastards made out of these kids. Tens of kids. Not just the "stars". And the urchins are on screen more than the unrealistically beautiful stars.

This information began to come out after the picture was successful. Maybe it is bogus but it keeps coming up. Exploitation.

And that's another thing. All the good people are beautiful including the kid's mother who is killed by some kind of rioters early in the picture. Gorgeous Mom in the middle of pounding her laundry on the beach.

Looksism.

So, count me out as a Slumdog fan.

I have to admit, also, I skipped about 20 minutes of it's tedious vignette after sorry vignette. That makes it a 1 out of Netflix5. If I don't like a movie but can sit through the whole thing, I give it a 2. I couldn't.

The photo is of the shyster who runs the quiz show. My choice of the most apt "star" for this film.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?