<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 22, 2009

THERE WILL BE BLOOD

Today's movie was

Låt den rätte komma in / Let the Right One In (2008)

This is a vampire film. I am not usually attracted to the genré but the reviews prompted me to take a bite.

It was pretty good. A 12 year old boy is bullied and lonely. He makes a new friend. Just moved into the next door apartment with her "dad".

Slowly but surely they get to know one another and eventually he realizes that she is a vampire and the one who is behind a lot of local killings.

I know. I know.

Here is the deal.

This film is very stylish. It has a lot of neat scenes. I assume that much of it is original thinking about the vampires.

There is a great ending and, yes, the bullies get theirs and then some. Stick with strong friends with strange powers.

I will give it a 3 out of Netflix5 and if you like this kind of thing I think you will give it a 4.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?