<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 20, 2009

ON THE RAILS

Today's NYTimes Best 1176 Film was John Frankenheimer's

The Train (1964)

with Burt Lancaster and Paul Scofield.

The French resistance gets involved with a trainload of paintings that the Nazis are taking back to Germany just at the end of the war. The allies are on the way but not yet.

It is a good movie. Exciting. I saw it back then but it was still fresh this time.

There is not a lot to write about it without tipping it all off.

Hey. It is Burt Lancaster. I have said before that he is probably the most frequently seen actor in the Best Films series.

He does all his own stunts here and it makes a difference. Jumping on and off trains. All that.

A lot of it is predictable, I think. But maybe that is because I saw it before.

In any case this will be my last go 'round.

That makes it a 3 out of a Netflix5.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?