<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 11, 2009

SPY STORY

Today's movie was the Coen Brothers'

Burn After Reading (2008)

with George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Frances McDormand, John Malkovich, Tilda Swinton, Richard Jenkins and J.K. Simmons

I list them all because the acting in this complicated dark comedy is so good. All of them. I bet they had a lot of fun working in this.

I have read many summaries of this film and not one made me want to see it or, now that I have seen it, is able to summarize the plot. I will not try.

Suffice to say that it is, in addition to being a very good story in the Coen mold. A reflection on our national paranoia about secrecy, rights and oversight.

Not to seem to somber about it.

I enjoyed it and will see it again in the Coen film fest whenever it is held in the future.

That makes it a 4 out of Netflix5.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?