<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 18, 2009

SEVEN DAYS

I have lived for a long time with the understanding that a cold lasts seven days. Period. You can take medications and the cold will last a week.

The medications only relieve the symptoms.

So I am a bit overtime on my back of the throat cold which has actually gone in the alloted time, almost exactly, but has transformed into a bout of sinusitis which is mostly annoying.

I have had the sinus thing off and on for a couple of months. It comes and goes.

But this cold brought it back again.

I suppose, as a last resort, I might have to go see Doctor Jim about it. He will look it over and tell me that if it is a viral thing an antibiotic won't help. Perhaps prednizone.

He may also tell me that it is more probably an allergy. I am convinced of the inefficacy of any cure for allergies. Some doctors are making fortunes, as I type, on allergies.

The allergy cures are like the "self help" shelf in the bookstore. Always full to overflowing with the current cure for world weariness and always selling to the same audience.

No real cure in store. At least not in a book and not in most allergy treatments.

Actually, I think he will give me an alternative to my Claritin which will dry the stuff out long enough for my body to take over.

It is a holiday tomorrow. Then there is the Inauguration. I can't hope to have time to see him for a week to say nothing of his schedule.

We do have a pretty good walk in emergency treatment place where I can go anytime. But I need to give Franklin his walk and right now there are no real symptoms at the moment.

Maybe I should just go to the self help shelf in the Amazon.

Maybe I should just go spray in some saline and take some Ibuprofen when the symptoms recur.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?