<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 16, 2009

PETTINESS

I am in the middle of watching Peter Bogdanovich's documentary:

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: Runnin' Down a Dream (2007)

It is quite good.

There is a huge pile of tape and film on Petty who somehow manages to record his life and work from the time he is a teenager. It is "all" here.

I really like Tom Petty a lot. I like him so much and am so used to him in my life that I forget he is still actively writing and working. Creating. He is still with the same guys who formed the second Heartbreakers.

Thirty years. Same guys. No "memory" tours. All new.

And a surprisingly candid, nice guy.

This is a four hour documentary. It stands up. You know my 90 minute rule. Anything longer than that better earn it.

So far, so good.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?