<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 08, 2009

THE GOVERNING BEGINS

I notice that I am getting pissed off whenever someone disagrees with Obama.

I better get my head together. It is just the beginning.

Governing is a messy business and there is a lot of shit slung in the process.

It is also complex and it is very hard for a citizen to discern what the real story is under the press' story as well as under the story that the politicians including POTUS want to get out.

This economic stimulus is a good example. The part about the taxes is giving Democrats the bends. They are criticizing it.

Some see that it is bending to the GOP and that, in their traditional way, the GOoPs will fuck the Dems over.

Others see Obama head faking.

And so on.

I don't have time for it.

I think that I will select some few issues and think about them and otherwise grab my popcorn and watch the show.

I will cheer for my side and expect there to be some losses.

So far, I think he is doing great. It is my opinion that today's speech put the brakes on what would have been a bad day in the markets. I have become a half astute observer of the ebb and flow of the Dow from early AM futures to the days performance along with the overseas markets. I would never put money on any of my thoughts but it is interesting.

So I have some insights. But they are dim ones. I am not there. And as I said, the process is messy and a lot of shit gets thrown around in the process.

It is a durable institution though, government. Ours. I have faith in it and, above all, I believe in this man.

I love this picture. Lazier days.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?