<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

GOGGLY

I haven't had a new pair of glasses in four years.

There were mild changes to my prescription but nothing enough to go out and spend 400 bucks and more.

But the old glasses were beginning to lose their coating. Peeling off. They were getting annoyingly hazy.

So, I bit the bullet, got my prescription from the Doc (you can only fill a prescription that is two years old or less--guess who backed that law), and went to the optician at Palm Springs Mall.

Now, 460 bucks later, I have my new lenses. Previous frame. Titanium. Lasts forever. The last titanium frame will go on standby and be the next frame.

I forgot the the prescription would be a little different.

And, these are progressive lenses so I have to relearn my "spots".

Progressive lenses require head adjustments to get the right part of the lens on the right part of the scene you are beholding.

So. Change. Adaptation. I am doing fine although it feels as though I might be waving my head around a bit it is really micro-waving.

The key is to keep doing it and, before I know it, there will be automatic matching. Experience tells me so.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?