<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

EMOTIONAL CAVITY

Today's movie was

Ghost Town (2008)

with Greg Kennear, Rickie Gervais and Tia Leoni as the love interest.

It is a rather well done "ghost story". We have seen the conventions over and over but the packaging here is new and the emotional strings are pulled quite effectively between comedy and tragedy. Well, not tragedy. Sadness. Mourning.

The mourning part of this is very good and actually highlights the light comedy.

I like Kennear a lot. Don't see enough of him but I don't think he rates a film fest of his own. Maybe!

Gervais is new to me. I know he has been on teevee but we are not so I have missed him. I have seen him in standup. Funny for a Brit.

Here he is very good. Not going for the boffos at all but playing it quite seriously and it is funny to watch. It is called acting. Not mugging.

I don't know how well this went over at the theaters. Probably not big. Too bad.

I enjoyed it very much and will give it a 3 out of Netflix5.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?