<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 05, 2008

PREMEDITATED

I know we aren't supposed to feel this way but I do believe that OJ got away with murder.

Somehow, ever since then, he has also had this smug attitude including the writing of the famous book about how he would do it if he did it.

He is one of those public figures who skates near or on the thin ice and somehow gets away with it and even taunts us with his success.

Today, the ice fell in and so did OJ. I read his "apology" to the judge and it is the usual wheedling and trading in of old chips. But she didn't buy it.

There will be an appeal and maybe he will squeak through once again but he will be squeaking in the penitentiary while he waits for it.

I am not sympathetic.

The Goldman family is happy because they think their relentless pursuit of the demon OJ finally pushed him onto the ice.

I don't know.

Sometimes revenge is sweet. I have never been in either position but I can't imagine a life devoted to pay-back can be a very happy one.

It is a sad story. All of it.

It is hard not to equate the cult of celebrity with a fucked up life. An old sad story.

OJ is finally post-dated on the shelf.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?