<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

HILLARY

Let me say just one more thing about Hillary.

She ran a tough primary and lost to one of the best organized campaigns in US history.

She earned a lot of snark from me and many other Obamaphiles. Actually, I left her over her tactics against him.

But I must admit that she has not only made amends but then some.

Her unqualified support and untiring campaigning for Obama made, I think, a great difference. Only she could quell the dissatisfaction of her supporters and she did for the most part.

Exit polls show an 80% conversion from Hillary to Barack supporters.

As a point of comparison, Bill Clinton took a way longer time to come around and, I suspect, he really still has not.

Hillary gained no headlines for her work. She worked in areas that were not seen. She went to places that no press would go. There are no headlines for surrogates and runners-up.

A thankless job.

And she did it and it worked.

Thanks. It must have hurt and been tough to get going but then that is when the tough get going and if nothing else, Hillary is tough.

On to the Supreme Court. Sic her on that Scalia bastard and poor demented Clarence Thomas.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?