<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 09, 2008

PHYS ED

I had my semi annual physical this morning and aced it!

Very nice.

I didn't have a lot to report.

I told him that I was getting cataracts and he told me not to have them done before it was needed, really needed. Fat chance of that.

A lot of people get the work done as soon as they appear thinking that it is better to get it over with. Not. Sometimes they don't develop past a certain point and the early work is unnecessary.

He also told me that my eye doctor is a good one. Not "knife happy". Or, as they say now, not "laser happy".

We also got the benefit of the new data about colonoscopy. If you don't have a history of colo-rectal cancer then it is not recommended after 75. I am not 75 yet but I am not having one anyway.

I don't mind the procedure. But it is invasive and there are risks.

And I don't have the history. I will do one of those shit wipe tests though.

On the minor end of the scale, the biggest complaint I have right now is that I have one of those end of the finger cuticle infection things and he told me that hot water was the cure. I thought hot salty water but he says no. It is the heat.

A feel good moment. The technician came in to do my EKG and we chatted. I mentioned that I was 72 and she was amazed. I guess they don't spend all day reading our files the way we might think that they do.

She told me that most people my age that come in there are feebs (not her word) who didn't take care of themselves and are in very bad shape.

She also told me my heart was perfect. They aren't supposed to tell you that stuff but I guess she thought we had crossed some boundary.

Needless to say, I felt good leaving the doc's office. On to the tests tomorrow morning. Fasting.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?