<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

NOT FAR FROM THE TREE

This is a wonderful article:

I Hope This is in Good Taste

But the best part is the photo of Obama's grandad. Stanley Dunham. He looks just like him. It is uncanny.

When I read the first book I was fascinated by this man. He is not in the margins. He is a very important part of Obama's life.

Of course, I have more than an average interest in grandfathers. I am one.

And my middle name is Stanley.

He was not a 'success' in the usual sense. But he was an enormous success in the human and spiritual sense.

Look him in the eye. This is what America is about. A regular guy who can nurture and influence the values and life of a grandson who will become the President of the United States of America.

Now that is success.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?