<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 27, 2008

LIVING BY THE NUMBERS

Numbers have been ruling my day lately.

I watch the markets from the time I get up. I see the 'futures' as they are being traded. Then the openings on Wall Street and I watch it off and on through the day.

I am watching the polls too. But not all day.

Just daily.

In a big gush in the afternoon.

The poll watching will stop next week. There will be a giant sucking sound as I take the 7 or 8 poll sites off my daily bookmarks.

I don't know what I will do with my time. Just kidding.

The market number watching will be intense for a while longer I think.

Yes.

I know that it doesn't make sense to watch it hourly or daily or even weekly.

But I have become interested in the dynamics.

Take today, for example.

The futures started off negative. Then the market opened positive. Then it gyrated and, I think, at one point got as high as a hundred points over zero. A gain.

Then at the end of the session the bottom fell out. Fear.

I am encouraged by this, actually.

I think that it is trying to find its bottom. It is interesting to watch. If a bit hair raising.

The main thing is not to take any of it too seriously.

The polls are not the election. They are just indicative. A bit up or down is not cause for alarm. Many days it is an adjustment for a too low or too high reading a day or two before.

In general, they are OK.

The market will be what the market will be. What goes down must go up.

My job is to watch it, learn from it and to work on myself. Not get too attached to it.

I am not my portfolio.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?