<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 31, 2008

HOME

John made it home from Italy last night. And we just barely managed to meet him at the airport.

His planes from Italy to Dulles to Denver and then to Palm Springs were all early. I think that is the way they schedule now so that nothing shows up on the monthly records of flight delays.

Franklin and I had it all planned. Go to bed at 7PM, an hour earlier than normal. Get up at 1015 and check the arrival time. Go to the airport when the plane landed and wait for John's call that he is near the front of the terminal.

All fine except that I didn't turn on the alarm.

But it worked anyway. I awoke at 10 sharp, went to the computer to see about arrival and saw that he was due in twenty minutes! Early again. Yikes!

But it worked out OK.

We got on our clothes (and harness) and went out around the airport circling a big block from El Cielo to Baristo to Farrell to Ramon and back again.

Two circles and we got the call.

We all had a dog pile right there in the Jeep!

Home to a hot tub and back to bed for me.

It is about 4AM now. This is the time that I called him every day while he was in Rome.

Instead, he got up to see Franklin and me as we went out to the back yard for a pee. Franklin not me.

All is well if not back to normal. I predict mammoth jet lag. After all, it is 1PM to him.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?