<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 05, 2008

THE BOSS

From the Philly Inquirer (Springsteen had a concert there last night):


Springsteen referred to America as "a repository of hope" and "a house of dreams" in an impressively articulate speech that preceded "The Rising."

That dream house, he declared, "can't be pulled down by a thousand George Bushes or a thousand Dick Cheneys." And it provided Springsteen with a reclamation metaphor he artfully meshed with the 9/11-inspired "The Rising" and "This Land Is Your Land," the latter infused with a Bo Diddley-beat-powered "Yes we can" chant.

"I want my house back," Springsteen declared. "I want my America back, and I want my country back."
He is doing a benefit for Obama soon. The boss and the chief.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?