<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 21, 2008

YOUNG HIP AND COOL

It says here. That is what we are for throwing over our land lines.

Users Are Tossing Their Landlines Overboard

We just got tired of all the bullshit from the land line company which is the same company that runs our mobile phones. Different division.

The service was out and it took a week before we got a call from the local service people.

In that time, we bit the bullet and threw the lines overboard as they say. This saved us about 50 dollars a month because we also cut the 9.00 per month ATT basic long distance cost as well.

Have we noticed a difference?

NO!

We were not using the land lines anyway. At all. Only receiving the occasional call from someone out of our past who didn't have the mobile numbers and had to go to the phone book.

Well, that and we won't be getting all those wonderful calls from our candidates and proposition sponsors over the next month and a half.

I don't know why we took so long to do it.

I guess that we had the lines deeply imbedded in our psyches. After all, I have been a land line user for 72 years. Well, maybe 60 something since I didn't start using the phone when I was born.

Incidentally, if you do disconnect and I suggest that you do, don't take any shit from the service rep. My first one hung up on me. The second one was actually very good. They even seemed eager to have us leave.

We bought a three month service to announce the number change. I have yet to get one call.

Come to think of it, maybe those fucking election calls will be coming anyway but probably not. The robots won't take down our new number. Will they?

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?