<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

SUFFERING FOR YOUR ART

Today's movie was

Reprise (2006)

This is a Norwegian film about two authors, young, who have lives that intertwine.

It covers all the bases of artistic angst and then some. Mental illness comes into it.

I am not too sure about these guys but I did like the stuff around them.

If you like to watch movies this is a pretty good film to watch. Very interesting visually and edited in a kind of spastic way. Sound is used creatively. Most directors forget sound as a medium of expression.

It is a bit upsetting and hard to figure at times but I like that in a film. I am a bit masochistic that way.

Ebert was not enthralled nor was my watching partner. But I liked it quite a bit.

I would be interested in seeing the director's next film to see how he works up to the game. He is clearly a player.

I would say a 3 out of Netflix5.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?