<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 26, 2008

SCORECARD

I am not much on evaluating debate performances.

I am so partisan that I lose perspective.

I thought Obama got an A on the debate.

So, I will turn to Mark Halprin who has a history of conservative bias and is far less enamored of Obama than I am. Normally I would skip his assessments or opinions.

He is generous to McCain but he gives it to Obama and says if there are two more like this, Obama has a wrap.

Read it for yourself.

Grading the First Presidential Debate

I wouldn't give McCain anything like a B-. He was doddering and unclear. He had all these little jab-lines that fell on the floor. Thud. He did well on the foreign affairs stuff but blew it with his rambles. A C from me.

I was actually suprised at Obama's clarity and force. He has sure cleaned up his debate act. Someone should get a bonus in the campaign.

As I said, I give my man Barack a clear A. There are no A +'s.

Remember that this is Obama's weakest area and I think that he triumphed.

I went to the debate nervous and worried and came out quite assured that the debates, while not a piece of cake, will be a good thing for him all around.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?