<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 18, 2008

PURITY

Here it is, three weeks before the wedding and I have nothing, nothing in the big pots. The one in the front and the other back by the guest room.

As usual, the sun baked the geraniums I put in last October even though I covered them with sun cloth for some of the time.

So. Too early for more geraniums. Besides, I am tired of them. Time for a change. Something white. For the wedding. Purity. Virginity.

So I went off to the high quality (expensive) nursery this morning and was easily persuaded to put in Pentas. Five petal flower on a lot of green leafed stems.

Pentas Lancelotas, actually. Romance!

I know it is sun hardy. These were sitting right out in the middle of the nursery. No shade in sight.

So I brought them home.

They are a little small for the pots but they look big enough. They will grow.

The guy says that they love the desert especially if they have just a little shade during the day but they don't really need it.

I am willing to believe that. Each spot is exactly that. Sunny with a little shade late in the day.

Pentas. Long may you bloom. At least through the wedding.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?