<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

MORE DOW(N)

I would jump off the building but I live on the first floor.

Besides, I was happy enough to stay here for my paper highs, I might as well stay here for my paper lows.

Like I said the other day, it is not as though I am going to cash anything in. This would be the worst time to do it anyway.

Nonetheless, I have a friend who did just that yesterday against all advice. Low tolerance for anxiety over a situation he can't control.

Well, he has that right. But I have been anxious about stocks for many years and so this is nothing too new.

I am not happy about it.

But I can take it.

I think.

I am moving on with the rest of my life and letting the stocks take care of themselves. I assume that the people managing my account, who also have money invested the same way I do, are working in my best interest. Well, enough that I am not going to take over the reins any time soon.

My friend's history is in real estate investment and he has done pretty well. Actually, given his skill, it might be a good decision as this is definitely a time to start considering the bottom of the real estate market and taking advantage of it.

He wants something that he can watch and even mess with.

I can understand that.

And I also know that it would have been better for him not to sell at the bottom of the equity markets.

To each his own.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?