<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 13, 2008

DOLDRUMS

I remember this time!

The conventions are over, the debates are just ahead, the polls are in turmoil, the candidates are off stride. These are the dog days. Or dogged days.

They bring out the worst in all of us.

I realized last night that I had been reading too much 'inside' opinion. The guys who are criticizing and back seat driving the Obama campaign.

"He should be doing this", "They should be doing that", "He needs to fight back", "The ads are lame". That kind of backbiting shit.

I don't have such opinions really. I think that the Obamas are doing pretty well. They are getting the slime thrown at them, they are responding with vigor. They are not worried about the polls. Their's is a ground game. The electoral votes. The GOTV (Get Out The Vote) effort.

I read yesterday that they are registering as many as 2000 voters a day in just the city of Orlando, Florida. These are people who are not asked any poll questions.

Everyone needs to catch their breath and calm down.

The bases are settled down and committed. That makes it pretty much a tie. The Independents are vascillating. That is why they are Independents. They can't commit politically. Don't ask me why. It is so.

I figure that Obama is a sly and astute politician. He has navigated difficult streams. He is cool. He is thoughtful. He is deliberate.

I think that his organization is one of the best that I have ever seen.

What's not to like.

Do I feel at ease about the election? No. I figure that there is a sufficient gap between the knowns and unknowns to throw it away from the Democrats.

It is not easy pickings.

They are working against the racial thing. They are fighting from the high road while the other party has, apparently, no shame about throwing mud and lying.

It is an uphill battle.

Do I think that they are doing pretty well? Yes I do. And 'yes, they can'.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?