<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 31, 2008

RFK REDUX

Look at this wonderful slide show narrated by the photographer.

Robert F. Kennedy's Funeral Train.

I remember where I was when I heard that Bobby Kennedy had been killed.

I was driving across NYState with a guy who wanted to sell his apple processing plant to Ocean Spray which I worked for at the time.

Two careers ago.

Three if you count retirement as a career.

The guy was unmoved. I was amazed at that.

Perhaps my pain at the news doubled as I grieved for him too.

This was a terrible time in our nation's history. Jack, Bobby, Martin.

Things broke apart. Or seemed to. Perhaps they were already apart and we hadn't seen it yet.

These photos, though, show me that we are not broken. We stayed the same.

The America of that time is still here just peeping out under the rhetoric.

Maybe we can have it again in a new form.

There is always hope.

Here is the text that goes along with the slide show.

R.F.K., R.I.P., Revisited.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?