<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 23, 2008

PASSING OF THE TORCH

This is very nice. More than a gesture. A tangible handoff.

Obama to Fill in For Kennedy at Wesleyan University Ceremony

One of my sons went to Wesleyan. It is a wonderful outdoor ceremony with lots of great jubilant spirit.

A perfect place for this kind of thing to happen.

I have not written about the Kennedy illness.

I think that I am still processing it.

My life has always had Kennedys mixed up in it.

I lived in Massachusetts for decades.

I live in a state where one of them is the first lady.

You cannot be objective about them.

Ted is the last of his generation. He is the great lion of the Senate.

The last thrill I had was to see him endorse Obama. He sure sent me over the line.

Now it is twilight.

A lot of feelings come up and will, I presume, keep coming.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?