<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 26, 2008

GOODBYE

We lost another one the yesterday. One of my favorites.

Sydney Pollack, Film Director, Is Dead at 73

I count 5 out of his 20 on the NYTimes Best 1176 Films List.

But what I most relish is seeing him act.

I would always, always see a film where he had a part. Never the hero. Sometimes just a short bit. But always memorable. The voice, the tone, the energy.

I just watched his last performance as the law firm elder in Michael Clayton and he was still had all his stuff.

I can't help but notice that he is my age.

We pick up on these things as we mosey along life's pathway.

We were of the same time and place.

That might have something to do with the affinity.

I will miss him.

Maybe I will have a Sydney Pollack filmfest.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?