<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 31, 2008

EATING YOUR OWN

Today's NYTimes Best 1176 Film was Jonathan Demme's

Silence of the Lambs

This is a multi Oscar classic and I had never seen it.

I had read the book. You know the policy.

But, I made an exception. I think that it is long enough to break the spell, if any, and that was true for the most part.

I didn't remember very much that mattered and so it was a 'new' experience.

Scary, kind of thrilling, surprised that I like Hannibal Lecter which, of course, I am expected to.

To say that Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins are good in this begs a point which is that everyone is good.

I am not a Foster expert but I believe that this might be her last really good film although I liked her some in The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys

It is also interesting that Hopkins is almost totally disappeared from the scene after a period of high visibility.

I know that isn't about the film. I just wonder.

So I will give this a 4 out of Netflix5.

I liked it and would not mind seeing it again although I would not take the initiative.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?