<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 11, 2008

VIDEOED

I have commented on the music videos at the gym.

I don't go there to watch them but, well, there they are.

I realized the other day that I have some clear favorites and that always lead me to break away from either CNN or the vampire series (TNT) (the two other choices all with captions for the hearing impaired which is us because they turned off the volume on the non-music teevees).

I realize that it is the ones with the really clever production values and the most lively presentation.

The clear winner is Aerosmith.

They consistently stage their material with high energy and almost incandescent performance.

Today was 'Dude Looks Like a Lady'. That is it. The only lyric. It is based on a comment Steve Tyler heard someone make as they walked by. Probably 'Walk[ing] This Way'. Another winner.

There is a second video of this number with Run-M.D.C wherethe two groups play against a wall that comes up between them. Seemingly at war. Very clever.

The wall eventually comes down and they all perform together.

I do not like the M.D.C. kind of outfit but this video will almost stop me on the treadmill or the bike.

Second place is anything by Billy Idol.

These are also concert videos.

The Stones? Boring. Even Keith who I love to watch.

The worst is anything by Joe Walsh who they show a lot. He is not only ugly but there is absolutely nothing but the music going on.

He is fat too.

I like the music. I am talking about the video. That means someone ought to move huh?

I am not generally interested in the non-concert videos. Some of them are OK. The Talking Heads have some good ones. But if you think of it, they are really stage perfomances with an elaborate slide show. I like to watch 'Wild Wild Life' which has a host of other singers and rock stars standing in for David Byrne.

Some of the videos are interesting for the 'wrong' reason. I saw Michael Jackson with 'Beat It' today. It was quite sad to see this extraordinary young man and to know what he has become.

Then there are the dead ones. I have see Jim Morrison in his prime. Jimi Hendrix.

They do not keep the same play list all the time as I once thought they did. It rolls over every two weeks or so. That is enough. I get to see some of the favorites a few times. It is only half an hour.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?