<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 28, 2008

TOXIC WASTE

When we cleaned out the house closets a few weeks ago, we gathered all the shit we had accumulated along with the construction waste in one spot in the carport.

Then we called 1-800-GOT JUNK to come get it.

They came and did the estimate, then run over the estimate, thing which so many vendors do now. Just plan on a 20% bump. They don't get that we would have tipped 20 per man if this had not happened. Or care, I suppose.

I digress.

They did take all the junk except the ABOP stuff.

That would be anitfreeze, batteries, oil and paint.

We have the previous owner and our own in this category.

The junkies can't take it. Not allowed.

We have to take it over to the ABOP center.

You have to go and get in a line, fill out papers and you can only drop off fifty pounds at a time although you can drive back through again.

This kind of bureaucratic shit goes against my grain. I don't do lines. I don't like forms.

If it is so fucking important to isolate this stuff, why do they make it so difficult to do the job?>

So we have a GI can out in the carport filled with hazardous waste and it will sit there until we get the ambition to take fifty pounds, box it and go to the center. Or find someone to do it for us.

The open at 7AM in the summer. Maybe that will work. No lines.

We will see.

What galls me is that the state will not allow any of this stuff in the regular trash and you will get cited for one can of paint.

In the past I have sort of seeded it into the regular trash. I might do it again.

A few bottles at a time.

But what if I get caught?

Will I have to pay a fine? Go to jail? I want to know the risk.

I know.

My attitude sucks.

Who said it didn't? Not me.

I am more than willing to 'do my part' as long as it doesn't inconvenience me.

A moral failing I suppose.

But there it is.

I have a feeling that I wrote about this before. If so, I am still unrepentant.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?