<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 04, 2008

SOLONG SALON

I have cancelled my Salon Premium subscription.

It has gone through a lot of changes and they are not to my taste.

I used to watch their Video Dog feature regularly. It was a compendium of web video moments and always provided a laugh.

Now they have their own video producer. Very serious. And boring. And not a kitty or puppy in the lot.

Also, I was addicted to Tim Grieve's War Room. It was a nice daily summary of lefty shit that always had a nice spin to it. He left precipitously and the guy who replaced is like the video guy. Boring. And nothing really new that I couldn't get elsewhere.

I used to depend on their movie reviews. Now they are cranky.

And the pilot who wrote about airline travel and had many stories to tell has shot his wad. Not interesting.

In all of the 'magazine's' articles, I have sited zero in the last year.

It is time. It is overtime.

Another site off the links to the right.

Goodbye Salon.

An aside.

I think that the time of the 'web magazine' is over. I quit Slate for the same reason.

I am cruising through HuffPo every day but it is really not a magazine.

I think that it is the same reason that the intermediary sites like AOL and Compuserve went out.

They, too, were a sort of mediator for the internet and became outmoded when people became their own navigators.

Passing of an era.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?