<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 13, 2008

SMALL TOWN TRUTHS

This kind of thing makes my head feel like it is exploding!

Obama, Now on the Defensive, Calls ‘Bitter’ Words Ill-Chosen

We have been at this too long.

The Clintons, desparate to change the subject from the 'story telling' that is the hallmark of her campaign style, have lept onto Obama's remarks about the frustration or 'bitterness' of small town people who feel under economic pressure.

A passing remark.

This is the kind of micro-biting that has come to characterize modern campaigning.

People sit in war rooms poring over videos to find the embarrassing moment or the ill turned phrase.

First, I have to say that I don't like Obama prolonging this by going on the defensive. If he is.

He said it and it is true.

There is a bitterness in small towns hit hard economically and people in them do turn to issues like gun control and gay marriage to express their frustrations.

I come from those small towns and in Pennsylvania.

I don't think it is elitist to believe this at all.

It might, and obviously is, impolitic to say so.

But isn't that Obama's appeal?

It is unknown whether this will be an issue that voters give a shit about.

I certainly do in the sense that I get that he has his finger on the small town pulse.

And so on.

There. I got it off my chest.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?