<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 19, 2008

POLICY QUESTIONS

Today's film was

No Reservations (2007)

Let me explain.

I saw the original of this film Mostly Martha a few years ago. A memorable film made in Germany.

In true, wasteful, Hollywood fashion, they bought the original script and made a new version only a few years later.

Now, I don't watch remakes. Especially of films that I especially liked the first time.

But the reviews for this film with Catherine Zeta-Jones and Aaron Eckhart were very good. And they have Abigail Breslin, the kid from the beauty pageant movie Little Miss Sunshine.

So I broke my rule. What is a rule without an exception.

Long story short, I left with the same good feeling about this film that I did the German original.

They even used one cut of the Paolo Conte score used in Martha.

To seal the deal, I am going to watch the first one tomorrow.

This remake gets at least a 3 out of Netflix5. I know that it's original gets at least that much.

Go read the review at the first link if you want to know what the movie is about.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?