<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 20, 2008

THE ORIGINAL

Today's film was

Mostly Martha (2002)

It is the original of yesterday's film, a remake, No Reservations (2007).

We can relax now. The 'no remake rule' holds.

It is part of the general declaration which says that that "I will watch no remakes, no sequels, no movies of books that I have read (no books where I have seen the film), and no more movies with Leonardo DiCaprio (if any) or Jack Nicholson, Tom Cruise, and a few others who got to be too big for their britches.

This original, edgier, film is tighter and makes a lot more sense.

Mostly, this arises from the fact that the remake moves the setup to America and, as a result, the whole dynamic between the kid and the aunt as well as the old and new Dads is upset.

Don't worry about it.

Just see the original.

I enjoyed it as I did when I first saw it in 2002 at the Film Festival.

Now we can move on.

And this one gets the 4 out of Netflix5. The copy, which is still good, will get the 3.

Now we can move on.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?