<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 10, 2008

BI-ANNUAL

Or is it semi-annual.

Anyway, I went to have my 6 month checkup with the doctor today.

We do it because of the old prostate cancer thing. Eleven years remission now.

But it is inescapable that we will discuss other issues.

He reviewed the results of my trip to the ass doctor after the last time.

There was a possible polyp in the lower rectum but no it was not a polyp but some more gentle defect in the bowel wall.

The ass doctor said, "I could fix that for you". I said, "What if you don't". He said "It will get worse".

I said "I have had it for twenty years or so. How worse could it be and I will talk it over with my doctor".

Which I did today.

Jim concurred that nothing needs to be done. There is a big difference between "can be done" and "must be done" as far as I am concerned.

I am not about to take something that doesn't hurt, has no apparent health impact and is utterly benign (well, an imperfection in my perfect body, but.....yawn).

As I figure that everything is getting worse. Why would I nip and tuck my ass hole and not try to repair all the other stuff?

Jim concurred again.

So, I have talked it out with my own doctor and we will let it get worse.

There is nothing else. My digital for the prostate was fine.

None of my new or old small skin blemishes (warts, moles, 'tags' and so on) are cancerous either. They stay too.

I am just a blob of worsening flesh.

But I am in good shape.

Lab tests tomorrow and I am done with it for another 6 months when I get the big physical.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?