<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

WRAPUP

I realize that I often neglect to mention the outcome of certain things I write about.

Like the elections.

Not that anyone is hanging on the results in Palm Springs, but still.

My guy won for Mayor but he was a shoo in. Nothing but asshats running against him.

My other guy, the one with the sign in our yard, won for City Council. My other guy did not.

The winner was the ex-police commander.

His name is Weisel. A no brainer to pronounce it 'weasel' as he is all for maintaining the mandated retirement and benefits for the cops and firemen and, as a result, has to be all out for development.

Weasel.

For the Water Agency I had no real affinity except for my neighbor Bill. Veteran in the position, 32 years. He got creamed.

He is a bit crotchety. I suppose everyone's tenure has to end sometime.

The mountains won decisively. 60% said NO to a nasty golf course hotel right in the largest alluvial cone we have in town.

So that is it.

The next time I vote will be for the Demo-nominee.

I can hardly wait.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?