<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 30, 2007

WE ARE HAVING (GASP) RAIN

I wouldn't venture to guess how long it has been since the last time. And we only had a trace then.

Today, it is coming down in bucketfuls. Well, maybe a tenth of an inch.

It started light in the night. When Franklin and I went out to pee this morning (him not me), there was that great ozone smell. And, in the desert, that basic note blends with the odor of wet creosote and sage. Beautiful.

Franklin perked right up. "What is this shit"?

Then I think he remembered. Oh. Rain. That.

The sky is beautiful too. You can see the showers coming from the heavy mists coming through.

You can almost track them as they head for your section of the desert.

John had a minor but uncomfortable medical 'procedure' yesterday so I walked with Franklin.

We were not out a half a mile before it started to shower again.

Good that I didn't bike today. It gets messy slippery when there is rain.

We didn't hurry the walk. The showers came and went and one time the drops were huge.

Franklin leapt into the air to bite them. Chomp!

I have never seen him do that before for raindrops although we can get him chomping when we are in the spa and he is standing by idly looking for a diversion. Saltwater drops.

The towels are at the doors now waiting for wet feet.

There won't be many. Franklin has tried all the doors and it raining outside all of them. Now he is taking a nap.

You can see that rain is a big deal here requiring a suitable infrastructure and careful plans with emergency measures ready to be applied.

It still smells nice outside.

Did I mention that I have no rain gear whatsoever? Left it all back east. We just get damp.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?