<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

SUNNY AND CLEAR

Today's NYTimes Best 1176 Film was

Singing in the Rain (1952)

As a kid I got to see almost all the MGM musicals.

When I was 15, I hit my peak experience with this wonderful show.

It hits all the bases.

The title song is the most seen but you can't beat Donald O'Connor and Gene Kelly in the comic numbers.

Debbie Reynolds shines.

And Jean Hagen, as the villainess, is beyond wonderful.

It is so good that, even now, I get teary eyed at their work.

And true to its source it is a Comden and Green book. Always first rate. They were at their best in backstage and dumb blonde plots. This one is a convergence of the two.

Chock full of numbers, it never lets us down.

This is a 5 out of Netflix5 and a lifetime favorite.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?