<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Limping

My good old eMac hit the wall last night.

It did a spasm of email flashes--odd emails popping up to the whole screen.

I tried to escape. No luck.

I tried to shut down. No luck. It said the email wouldn't let me do it.

Then I just turned off the power and got no where when I turned it back on.

A sign flashed that my repair guy called the kernel panic. A good name.

He is coming to see it this afternoon.

In the meantime, I am at my laptop which I haven't used in a very long time. Little keyboard.

I had to re-enter a lot of codes and shit.

Clawing my way into use.

I am ready to bite the bullet and get the new Mac if I have to.

He thinks he can get the eMac resuscitated but then I would always be fretting about whether it would drop out again. Soon.

I mean we all will drop out sometime.

In the meantime, I am grateful to be at work on the laptop. He and I are old friends. Even if he is a little stingy with the touch typing space. My muscle memory is good on the touch typing but I am a little shaky on my scratch pad work.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?