<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 28, 2007

LA PHIL'S UP

The only cultural entity that we have become attached to since we moved west, is the LA Philharmonic.

I have to admit that is mostly because the Boston Symphony had become such a moth eaten instititution with the jap in the lead.

Yeh, I know that is racist. Wanna make something of it?

We have deeply enjoyed the work and vision of Esa-Pekka Salonen and now look forward to the new guy.

Christ. I just got used to spelling Esa-Pekka.

Gustavo Dudamel!

Conductor of the People

Not a bad moniker at all. Conductor of the people.

The thing is that , while I could not spell Esa-Pekka without looking, I could say it.

Now, I can spell Dudamel but I am not sure how to say it.

I think it will work out.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?