<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 26, 2007

DOWN TO EARTH

We got the smoke down at ground level during the night.

I started my bike ride in the dark and after about 20 minutes realized that I couldn't see any land features on any side.

I had enough visibility. It was not blacked out. But there was no landscape beyond maybe half a mile.

There was some odor and I had a little eye sting.

I considered going back but that was as I was going down a pretty steep hill which committed me to going back up the same grade somewhere. Effort under a little lung stress.

So either way I was going to get some junk. I just kept going.

It was fine.

The sunrise light was way late though. I kept the headlight going on the bike for maybe half the ride.

This is nothing of course.

People on the other side of the mountain will be dealing with the fallout of this for some time.

A lot of places do not have water; all the reservoirs were used up.

Many, no electricity.

John's cousin who lives in the northern reaches of San Diego got evacuated but is back home. All is fine.

The weather guys say that we will have smoke through tomorrow night.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?