<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

DOG SHIT

Today's film was

Year of the Dog (2007)

This is a comedy, of all things, about what it might be like to convert to PETA.

I thought I would like it.

It got a great NYT review (at the link).

But, I didn't like any of the people and as a dog lover I found the sentiments involved way over the top insulting. Actually.

I am surprised as I type that.

Insulting because she is so lame. The reasons to like the dogs are all humanicentric. That is not a word. There is no real bonding shown.

Yeah they sleep on the bed but any dog will do that.

We see people like this.

They HAVE a dog but they don't relate to it. It is an appendage.

She will be the same for the animals she saves. They are objects. Meat. Just like anyone else who sees them that way. An issue.

As a movie it is mildly amusing but I was never convinced of anything. Or anyone.

The only picture I liked is this publicity shot below.

Bummer

Make this a 1 out of Netflix5.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?