<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 07, 2007

COLLEGE BOY

When I applied to MIT they asked me to talk to an alumnus who lived close by.

He was on the Educational Council. A group put together for just that purpose.

It was a memorable event. I remember detail.

I got in, got out, became an alumnus myself. Next year will be my classes' 50th reunion.

I won't go.

I have never wanted to be at a reunion and that has not changed.

But I have, for a long time, felt ill at ease over my lack of contribution back to the school that gave me so much.

A couple of months ago, I got an email asking if I would be willing to be a member of the Educational Council; to talk to prospects and applicants in a number of zip codes close to me.

I said yes almost immediately.

So, today, I am going to a little seminar for ECs in my area.

Over to Claremont.

The head EC guy out here is putting it on and there will be a person from the Admissions Office.

There will be supper.

It is not my kind of thing but I will go and participate.

I have 19 kids in my list of prospects.

They say that about a third will ask for an interview.

We have to do it before the end of this year.

The next three months.

Just in time for the briefing.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?