<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 25, 2007

CATS

I suppose that I should note the availability of Leopard, the new 10X system software for Macs.

Apple Offers New Goodies in Leopard System

I still have not installed the Tiger that I bought.

Given the 'features' of this one, I know that I will not spend the money.

I will wait until I get a new Mac.

Besides, it is iffy about whether this version will fit my three year old eMac. Four?

I know.

I am drifting behind in two ways.

I have the beginnings of an antiquated machine (my backup laptop is 5 years old or 6) and, most of all, or least, the new features available on computers in general are leaving me behind.

That is why I didn't install Tiger.

I don't care about all the stuff.

They say that Leopard has 300 new features. I read some of them in the review and also a newsletter that David Pogue puts out.

The only one that interests me is Time Machine which, with a small hard drive plugged in, will remember all the versions of the iPhoto and other files that you have dumped.

Well, come to think of it, I am not all that interested in that either.

I am a vet at saving. Three copies of photos.

I am pretty definite about my decisions to trash anything. So. Why?

My take is that the Mac is trying hard to be the ultimate system and beat the pants off Vista.

They certainly have done a great thing to make only one version at one price, or two if you count the family fee that no one pays any attention to except real MacTards.

Not only that, they don't require a serial number and they don't load you up with all kinds of un-needed bundling of other people's add-ons. And so on.

Apple is pure as snow.

And finally, to date, no one has created a virus that works on Macs. We are free of all that PC shit.

So, I won't buy the system.

I don't know when or if I will buy a new machine.

When I have to I suppose.

The browser on this one was getting cranky but switching to Mozilla and its updates have apparently solved that problem.

I am rambling.

Go Mac. Go Steve. Viva Apple.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?