<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

ANJOU JOY

I eat two pears every other day for lunch.

The other days I have a melon mix.

Don't ask.

Most of the year I enjoy Anjou pears but they run out every August and I have to make do with Bartlett and Bosc.

Second rate.

Anjous are the best hands down.

You let them sit until you can just press your thumb into the flesh. Then into the refrigerator. Sublime.

Today, the Anjous were back.

I bought some even though I still have some Bosc.

I will need them.

The Anjou will probably not get ripe. The first ones never do.

But I will watch them like infertile eggs.

Then go get new ones in a couple of weeks.

It is just having them in the house which is important.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?