<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

STAY AT HOME

I am 70 years old.

I don't feel it (or look it either).

I can do almost everything I could do ten years ago if it doesn't involve hiking down a cliff on the knees I have left.

So, when people talk about moving to assisted living or something like it, I find myself nodding and agreeing with them that it might be a good idea for them but thinking to myself "I will never, ever do that". "Period".

I know. "Never" is a long time but I don't want to go live with a bunch of old geezers.

I want to stay right where I am in the middle of the boat. Old, young, whatever.

We even bought a long term care policy that focuses on home care.

I am not alone in this. There are a lot of people who don't want their last years mediated by bureaucrats or, for that matter, adult children.

This NYT story is a pretty good boost to the idea of staying out of assisted living.

A Grass Roots Effort to Grow Old At Home

Well, I am old and I am at home and I am staying put.

I don't know if I need a village to keep it that way but if I do I will start recruiting.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?