<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 09, 2007

GOODBYE

I took my grandson to the airport this morning and saw him off on his flight back to Boston.

We did OK. Security and all.

An 'unaccompanied minor'. I heard the guy say 'I got a UM here!'

We got there early and the lines were light.

We had a nice chat.

Then they did the early boarding and he was gone.

I waited until the plane left.

They ask you to but I would have anyway.

The plane went out on the tarmac and I saw it take off.

That is when it hits for me.

They are gone.

There is something so 'not turning back' when those wheels leave the ground.

We had a great visit.

It was his first time traveling alone.

Everything worked so well.

We are grateful to his parents for sharing him with us.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?