<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 18, 2007

RATINGS

Someone has pointed out something that I already know but didn't think that any one else would notice.

I give out a lot of 5's in the Netflix rating system. Probably less 3's than 4's.

A 1 or a 2 is a condemnation.

I do not mark 'on the curve'.

I think that part of the skew is that I am watching 'best films' for the most part.

But I rate the ones off the list pretty much the same way.

I do think about the algorithm at Netflix and want to influence it.

This is a bit stupid, as I rarely look at my 'recommendations'.

I have about 300 films in my queue after all. I don't really need any more 'new ideas'.

Maybe I am just a black and white kind of guy.

Anyway, I am just acknowledging the obvious.

Maybe I will start to be more various; restrict myself to the 2,3,4 range unless there is a real stinker or, at the other end, a once in a lifetime experience.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?