<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 03, 2007

PHOTO OPP


I have been in deep photo-depression.

My digital, maybe ten years old now, is clunky and backward and getting dim and fuzzy and doesn't have its screen on all the time.

Consequently, I do not take pictures.

Not good.

I realized that we were in Long Beach for a fortieth birthday party and have no photos to show for it.

I don't have any recent Franklin pictures.

No 'us' photos either. Not recording our aging process and I so want to!

And so on.

So today, David Pogue did an email about products he would reccomend to people who ask if he had the time to answer them.

There it was.

Best Small Camera: Canon SD800IS. The IS stands for "image stabilizer," which makes an absolutely enormous difference. It saves about 90 percent of the low-light photos that would otherwise have been ruined by blur.

To make matters even better, this camera ($305) offers a 3.8X zoom - better than the 3X on most pocket cams. It also offers face recognition software that properly exposes and focuses on people in your scene. Although no pocket cam eliminates shutter lag altogether, this camera comes very close. And 7.1 megapixels is exactly enough.

I trust David Pogue.

This is just what I have been wanting.

I have a serious case of ignorance about buying electronics and I want expertise.

This is the reason I have taken no action on my photo-depression.

So I have ordered it.

Soon, the photos.

What do you do with an antiquated digital camera?

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?