<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 06, 2007

OSCAR NIGHT

I am not a fight fan although I do like to watch it; particularly the no-rules kind.

There is a small atavistic part of my brain that likes to see two gladiators pummel each other.

Come on. Admit it. You have that place too.

But, I would not go out of my way to see a fight or even follow it on the radio. Yes. That is how I remember 'fights'. We listened to them.

That said, I have to be in mourning this morning over Oscar De La Hoya's loss last night.

Mayweather Wins Decision Over De La Hoya

It is the end of an era.

Oscar; always the golden boy, even when he was behaving badly. I have followed his career since he began winning championships.

That he was a looker sure didn't hurt my interest.

He is/was a gentleman. A guy who seemed to have a life beyond boxing. He even recorded some songs.

I don't feel bad for him losing.

Like all of us, he is aging and cannot hold onto the career forever.

He has had a good run and he made a lot of money last night.

He should retire near the top and let it go.

He won't have a singing career but he could do worse than investing the money and doing some good works.

Living the quiet life.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?