<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

THE MIDDLE CIRCLE OF HELL

So the ice maker was acting up again—frozen line—and we had the guy come out (a new one) and he gave a bogus diagnosis as the line froze up again 24 hours after he was here.

I told him that the first guy had said it was possibly the water valve but that he would try his fix and see what happened.

Well, what happened, happened after the warranty period for the first job.

I suppose this is hard to follow. I am having trouble with it myself.

The second guy came back again, 6 days later, and pulled the refrigerator out and freaked at the plastic line that was running to the existing valve. This would not do.

He played the 'doesn't meet code' card.

I am getting tired of this guy.

He wants a new 'proper' mesh line and he can't do it; he is not a plumber.

Neither am I.

So I called our new plumber, Roto Rooter, who comes in and hour which they did.

The plumber said that the line going to the valve was fine. Not a problem with code and the plastic lasts forever.

Battle of the fixit men.

Anyway, we had the mesh line put in (using a piece of the old plastic line) and we will have the new fresh connection ready when the service guy returns tomorrow to install the new ice maker water valve.

My tendency is to argue these points. That would have us stuck.

This is why rehab projects take so long. One thing depends on the other and one repairman's view differs from the other and they never, ever, talk to each other.

We had this big time when the air conditioning guys messed with the roof surface while the roofing guys were installing our new roof.

They were up there almost grappling with one another until I negotiated.

I think that my chain is getting pulled by the appliance service guy and I don't like his arbitrary style.

We will get the job done and then when and if I have to call them again, I will ask that I not get this particular guy.

Unless he is the only one available.

Then I will grin and bear it.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?