<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 06, 2007

HIGH FREARS

One of my top five movies of all time is today's FrearsFest pick

High Fidelity (2000)

John Cusack, Iben Hjejle, Jack Black, Joan Cusack, and the wonderful Todd Louiso.

To say nothing of Tim Robbins, Catherine Zeta-Jones and the City of Chicago.

Frears' great adaptation of the Nick Hornsby book is flawless as far as I am concerned.

Cusack would be on my all-time-five-greatest actors.

I guess that would put Stephen Frears on my all-time greatest list of directors.

I don't believe that there is any other director who has made so many films that I want to see over and over.

A Netflix5 out of 5. More if I could give it.

This is also a NYTimes Best Film as are several others that we have seen so far or will see; My Beautiful Launderette, Dangerous Liaisons, and The Grifters.

I neglected to mention this before.

Here is an early scene from the movie with Cusack, Louiso, and Black.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?